HU2061 24″ 6 Outlets Hardwired Power Strip with USB
This hardwired type power strip is good for installation in your kitchen, garage for cabinet, rack, island, countertop and so on. It is not for normal wall outlets. There is no power cord and plug with this unit
- 24″ (0.61m) Durable Metal Housing Power Strip, Total Length 25.28″ (642mm) with Ears
- 6 Black (US NEMA 5-15R) Outlets, Horizontal Orientation
- With 2 USB Output DC 5V 2.1A
- Hardwired without Power Cord for Mounting at Your Desired Location
- 6 Easily Punched off Knockouts on Each Side – (on Top and Bottom Cover, Both Sides and Ends)
- Outlets 2.91″ (74mm) apart, 1.69″ (43mm) from USB, All Center to Center
- Easy On/Off Back Cover for Wire Connection
- Wires Readily Striped for Easier Removal and Faster Installation – Higher Efficiency
- Great Item for Contractors, Electricians and Electric Engineers, Installers as well as DIYers
Installation work of this unit must be done by a professional, a licensed electrician or an electric engineer.
Never install this unit during a thunder storm.
Switch off the power before you start installation work.
This unit is for indoor use only.
This unit is not intended for use in or around wet or potentially wet areas including, but not limited to, aquariums, saunas, showers and fountains.
Risk of Electric Shock!
Before installation, you may need to get a 3/4″ wire clamp connector (also available here) and 3 wire connectors (also referred to as terminal connectors, we have yellow connectors available for your convenience). Decide your wire gauge, and ask store attendant for assistance what connectors you should get) from your local hardware, electric supply or home improvement stores.
Minimum tools required: A fine to medium fine philips screw driver, and a pair of scissors, and a pair of mid size slip joint pliers
- Turn off electricity in the house
- Decide where to place this Hardwired Power Strip unit
- Choose the knockout to be used for cord exit, then gently punch it off with the back of a screw driver or other tool handy
- Unscrew the back cover off the unit with a philips screw driver
- Take out the white/transparent plastic insulation sheet, and use a pair of scissors to cut a hole on it (about 3/4″ in diameter, or big enough for) WHERE the wires will run through. If the bottom knockout on the back cover is to be used for wire connection, a wire clamp connector may not be needed, thus, please ignore step 6, 7 and 9 below
- Put on the 3/4″ wire clamp connector in place. Secure its installation by tightening the big ring screw (which is inside the casing, something like this) with the pair of slip joint pliers
- Run the wires through the wire clamp connector, from outside into the Unit. In case bottom knockout on the back cover is to be used for wire connection, please run the wires through the back cover first and then the plastic insulation sheet, now with the knockout coin punched off, from outside to inside
- Match the colored wires and secure the wire connection with proper wire connectors
- Tighten the two pressure screws properly on the wire clamp connector
- Place the plastic insulation sheet back and screw the back cover on
- Mount the unit:
A) For unit with ears (mounting tabs on both ends): mount the unit through the ears with screws provided
B) For unit without ears, place the unit where it is intended to be, mark where to install clips, secure the clips with screws provided. Then snap the unit in onto the clips
C) For models without ears up to 24″, and models with ears above 30″, mounting holes on the back cover could be used to secure the unit (but a unit CANNOT be installed with such mounting holes if the unit is to
be placed against a wall/cabinet on the side since the unit cannot be reinstalled onto the back cover). Then, please mount the back cover first and then carefully screw the unit onto the back cover
- Turn electricity back on, it is ready to go
We also custom manufacture for our customers. There may be a minimum order quantity required for custom orders. Please contact us for more details.